Firevalt Blog has a new definition of budgeting.
What does the word “budget” mean? I think for most people it means pre-determining how much money can be spent on each expense category per month… Another way to budget – the way I prefer – is to compare all your monthly expenses (out-goes) to your monthly income (in-goes) with the goal of being cash flow positive each month. This type of budgeting seems to be more effective because it eliminates the tedium of budgeting for each specific category.
It’s a short post, but it might help the budget-impaired.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020