Do you think your daughters are worth less than your sons? The working world still thinks so. Check out Earning Power:
We are the premier organization inviting men to participate in endorsing business women’s empowerment for the benefit of both genders, their careers, and families.
The Statistics are Alarming :
- Wage Gap™: Wages for women have actually declined from 78 to 76 cents to each dollar men earn this year over last. Men earn 20-25% more annually.
- Equal Pay: Men negotiate initial salaries an average of 7-8% higher than women up front. This means larger bonus and benefit percentages annually.
- Working Parents: After having children, statistically women’s pay goes down while men’s pay increases. Men are financially penalized less, thus causing a wage gap.
- Corporate Executives: Only 6 women remain heading Fortune 500 companies, down from 8 two years ago. It is difficult to maintain ground.
- Leadership Positions: Although holding almost half of managerial positions, only 8% of Executive Vice Presidents are women. There appears to be a control barrier.
- Litigation: Lawsuits, such as those at Wal-Mart and Boeing, still abound. How can we stop the litigation?
Today, March 8 is International Women’s Day: Inspiring Potential.
IWD inspires women to achieve their full potential. Celebrated globally from Alaska to Zambia, IWD highlights women’s progress worldwide.
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020