Do you think your daughters are worth less than your sons? The working world still thinks so. Check out Earning Power:
We are the premier organization inviting men to participate in endorsing business women’s empowerment for the benefit of both genders, their careers, and families.
The Statistics are Alarming :
- Wage Gap™: Wages for women have actually declined from 78 to 76 cents to each dollar men earn this year over last. Men earn 20-25% more annually.
- Equal Pay: Men negotiate initial salaries an average of 7-8% higher than women up front. This means larger bonus and benefit percentages annually.
- Working Parents: After having children, statistically women’s pay goes down while men’s pay increases. Men are financially penalized less, thus causing a wage gap.
- Corporate Executives: Only 6 women remain heading Fortune 500 companies, down from 8 two years ago. It is difficult to maintain ground.
- Leadership Positions: Although holding almost half of managerial positions, only 8% of Executive Vice Presidents are women. There appears to be a control barrier.
- Litigation: Lawsuits, such as those at Wal-Mart and Boeing, still abound. How can we stop the litigation?
Today, March 8 is International Women’s Day: Inspiring Potential.
IWD inspires women to achieve their full potential. Celebrated globally from Alaska to Zambia, IWD highlights women’s progress worldwide.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020