Technology changes all the rural small biz rules.
Open Source Business Idea: Small Town Actors – Video
By Chris Brogan
Have you heard of Cherub? A fan and a bunch of local actors have built a web series spoof of the canceled TV series, “Angel.” Have you heard of Star Trek: The New Voyages? This is even MORE wild! This is a guy who was a huge fan, who collected all kinds of props in his grandparents’ garage, and who decided to get together a gang and film their own episodes. This project, by the way, has so much fan support and steam that Paramount is actually thinking about doing something with it themselves.
These are just PEOPLE, local smalltown actors and fans of shows. They are creating REAL content that has real audiences. Those two examples are all abuzz and all over the web, but there are even more opportunities out there.
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019