Technology changes all the rural small biz rules.
Open Source Business Idea: Small Town Actors – Video
By Chris Brogan
Have you heard of Cherub? A fan and a bunch of local actors have built a web series spoof of the canceled TV series, “Angel.” Have you heard of Star Trek: The New Voyages? This is even MORE wild! This is a guy who was a huge fan, who collected all kinds of props in his grandparents’ garage, and who decided to get together a gang and film their own episodes. This project, by the way, has so much fan support and steam that Paramount is actually thinking about doing something with it themselves.
These are just PEOPLE, local smalltown actors and fans of shows. They are creating REAL content that has real audiences. Those two examples are all abuzz and all over the web, but there are even more opportunities out there.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020