Technology changes all the rural small biz rules.
Open Source Business Idea: Small Town Actors – Video
By Chris Brogan
Have you heard of Cherub? A fan and a bunch of local actors have built a web series spoof of the canceled TV series, “Angel.” Have you heard of Star Trek: The New Voyages? This is even MORE wild! This is a guy who was a huge fan, who collected all kinds of props in his grandparents’ garage, and who decided to get together a gang and film their own episodes. This project, by the way, has so much fan support and steam that Paramount is actually thinking about doing something with it themselves.
These are just PEOPLE, local smalltown actors and fans of shows. They are creating REAL content that has real audiences. Those two examples are all abuzz and all over the web, but there are even more opportunities out there.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020