Technology changes all the rural small biz rules.
Open Source Business Idea: Small Town Actors – Video
By Chris Brogan
Have you heard of Cherub? A fan and a bunch of local actors have built a web series spoof of the canceled TV series, “Angel.” Have you heard of Star Trek: The New Voyages? This is even MORE wild! This is a guy who was a huge fan, who collected all kinds of props in his grandparents’ garage, and who decided to get together a gang and film their own episodes. This project, by the way, has so much fan support and steam that Paramount is actually thinking about doing something with it themselves.
These are just PEOPLE, local smalltown actors and fans of shows. They are creating REAL content that has real audiences. Those two examples are all abuzz and all over the web, but there are even more opportunities out there.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021