Tom Peters was interviewed recently by the Wisconsin press. After commenting on all the usual “stars” in business, Tom turned an interview question directly toward … us.
“But let’s not forget the ‘other 85 percent,’ the largely ignored and under-reported ones working at body shops, spas, independent insurance agencies, 5-person accountancies, real estate brokerages, and the like. The productivity and excellence of these thousands of unsung players and their small passels of employees have more to do with the health and wealth of America and Wisconsin than, with all due respect, Harley.”
It’s a fact.
Can I get an amen?
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021