Want to delegate more work to your computer? Here are two thoughts for today.
First, templates are a great way to delegate work to someone else. I guess you could call it pre-delegation, because someone already did the work before you even asked.
- PigPog has a whole post of useful templates this week.
- Don’t forget Excel spreadsheets from CPA Matt Evans.
- We just talked about David Seah’s Printable CEO series.
- SCORE has a Business Toolbox, complete with Template Gallery, featuring business plans, financials, even a non-disclosure agreement.
If it’s something you can do on the computer, someone has created a template!
Second, Chris Brogan, one of our favorite bloggers to start conversations with, has a loooong piece on The Bionic You.
Considering the value chain means understanding if what you do is VITAL to the product/service you offer, or if what you do is something easily replicated in a cheaper location? What extra something are you giving to the process? Are you a set of hands like a shovel or are you the mind that can jump into the bulldozer and get even more done with this new technology?
Chris goes through breaking your work down to the component parts, and finding where you add value. The goal? Get comfortable with technology and make it work for you.
You’ve gotta be brutal about it. Look at every single piece of this pie. What can be done by a robot? What are you doing manually that just betrays your lack of technical knowledge? (I had a personal experience with this last night: I learned how vector drawings would’ve been SO much easier for some things I was painting pixels to accomplish).
So delegate more to your computer. You’ll be getting more things done that matter.
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022