In my recent post on Small Business Branding, I promoted you as your brand. And, in a very real way you are. BUT….here are a couple of cautions about using your own name as your brand.
George E. Failing Company. A well known maker of Failing-Speedstar equipment. Do you really want Failing equipment?
Glitsch Construction. You would almost expect problems with Glitsch Construction.
I’m sure both are good companies. “With a name Smuckers, it has to be good!” But do think about what you are saddling yourself with before you do it.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020