“Unlike [incentives], a good, quality workforce doesn’t run out in five years or 10 years.”
Shelby Mayor, quoted at the EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals
While you’re there, read the Quotes of the Week. Here’s three to get you started.
- “We ought to be a place where a brilliant person with a great and timely new concept can come to get a receptive person to listen, and then find ways to support … hard work to make it happen,” Christina Gabriel, new director of Innovation Economy Program at the Heinz Endowments in Pittsburgh.
- “The activities that succeed over time are those that build on continuous learning and innovation.” Suzanne Berger, director of the MIT International Science and Technology Initiatives (MISTI), and the lead author of “How We Compete.”
- “Regional prosperity depends on a region’s capacity to support innovative firms, institutions and people.” Council on Competitiveness President Deborah Wince-Smith.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022