Once you have a website, you want to know if anyone is looking at it. So most web hosting includes at least some basic statistics. But, we are always hungry to know more about our customers. So here are some no-fee web stats packages I use.
- StatCounter – provides very detailed info on the most recent 100 hits
- Tracksy – some of the info is not as detailed, but it does keep detailed results for two months
Both provide summary data for longer. I’ve had StatCounter on a site since June 2004, and can view month-by-month comparisons from then till now.
These stats packages work by having you copy and paste some HTML code to your site. Then you can view your results online. If you want more info, Teller Test keeps a running survey on the no-fee stats packages.
With good stats, you can tell which pages people read, which they skip, which links get clicked and which don’t. In other words, you can improve your site to better meet customer needs.
Next post: search engine optimization.
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Plaid Friday is November 25 - November 14, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Spotlight on Community - November 10, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Spotlight a local business - November 9, 2022
- Picking your Holiday 2022 marketing theme - November 8, 2022
- Shared retail spaces and sheds: smart business ideas in small towns - October 17, 2022