Aaron Dwyer, an Australian web hosting provider, is holding a very smart contest to build his business. He’s looking for the worst business website in Australia and offering it a free renovation. He is receiving tons of publicity, the businesses are receiving publicity, and he is positioning himself as a terrific expert. The key is that he put the time and effort into designing an effective contest. The contest is profiled at the Entrepreneur’s Journey blog.
Your small biz can benefit from a contest, but only if you focus on the design.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020