How do you envision the future for skilled workers? Especially those of us outside the metro areas.
Chris Brogan’s post Not Free Agents. Guild Members! is the starting point for a novel vision. Take your skills anywhere in the world and know that you will have access to the larger market because you are a guild member. Now that is a vision!
My suggestion for the crazy first steps?
- Join your trade association. Get involved. Help push the organization to a real online presence.
- Join your trade’s online forums. Get involved. Don’t have any? Start one!
- Find and make friends with other people with your skills, across the country or around the world. Share info constantly.
How many people do you want in your guild? Start with six. Let that community of six spawn more sixes. Why six? It is the magic number for community building at a scale where you can still care. Or at least that’s what I read online.
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022
- Way more people prefer rural than urban, new Pew Research study finds - February 1, 2022
- Top 5 Rural and small town trends 2022 - January 3, 2022
- How to start a real small small business - December 17, 2021
- Tip for better pop-ups and shed businesses - December 5, 2021
- Small town business idea: cat grooming - November 15, 2021