How do you envision the future for skilled workers? Especially those of us outside the metro areas.
Chris Brogan’s post Not Free Agents. Guild Members! is the starting point for a novel vision. Take your skills anywhere in the world and know that you will have access to the larger market because you are a guild member. Now that is a vision!
My suggestion for the crazy first steps?
- Join your trade association. Get involved. Help push the organization to a real online presence.
- Join your trade’s online forums. Get involved. Don’t have any? Start one!
- Find and make friends with other people with your skills, across the country or around the world. Share info constantly.
How many people do you want in your guild? Start with six. Let that community of six spawn more sixes. Why six? It is the magic number for community building at a scale where you can still care. Or at least that’s what I read online.
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2019 results - December 5, 2019
- Shop Indie Local adds a new twist to tired Buy Local campaigns - November 11, 2019
- Better entrepreneur training for small towns - November 4, 2019
- Culture is the intersection of people and place - August 19, 2019
- For easier social media marketing, fill in the blank - August 5, 2019
- Need a downtown business idea? Try a Cookie Crawl - July 22, 2019
- Need funding for the next step in your business? - July 17, 2019
- Youth business idea: phone clinics - July 8, 2019