The IRS has made a change that should make it a little easier on small employers.
Beginning Jan. 1, 2006 , certain employment tax filers will be able to file the new Form 944 (Employer’s Annual Federal Tax Return) once a year rather than filing Form 941 (Employer’s Quarterly Federal Tax Return) four times a year.
The new Form 944 will reduce burden on eligible small employers who file quarterly returns with little or no employment tax due. Most employers who file Form 944 will be able to make a single payment with their annual return.
So what qualifies as “little or no employment tax”? Less than $1,000 annual estimated total.
You can read the full article at the OSCPA site.
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Giving Tuesday is November 29 - November 21, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Cider Monday November 28 - November 17, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Artists Sunday is November 27 - November 16, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Small Business Saturday November 26 - November 15, 2022