It’s a common enough question. “Is there much money in that?” Last night, the question was directed at web site design. A local man, permanently injured by an accident 2 years ago, is looking for a new line of work.
Lots of us in these declining areas are looking for a way to make a living without having a traditional job. Those jobs just aren’t here. We have to make our own, and we start all sorts of businesses to do it.
We aren’t the stars of economic development, and we don’t get profiled on the statewide news. We are creative and certainly determined. That’s what it takes to survive.
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020
- Getting local businesses to cooperate with you: Shop Hopping Around Brownsville - December 16, 2019