It’s a common enough question. “Is there much money in that?” Last night, the question was directed at web site design. A local man, permanently injured by an accident 2 years ago, is looking for a new line of work.
Lots of us in these declining areas are looking for a way to make a living without having a traditional job. Those jobs just aren’t here. We have to make our own, and we start all sorts of businesses to do it.
We aren’t the stars of economic development, and we don’t get profiled on the statewide news. We are creative and certainly determined. That’s what it takes to survive.
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020