It’s a common enough question. “Is there much money in that?” Last night, the question was directed at web site design. A local man, permanently injured by an accident 2 years ago, is looking for a new line of work.
Lots of us in these declining areas are looking for a way to make a living without having a traditional job. Those jobs just aren’t here. We have to make our own, and we start all sorts of businesses to do it.
We aren’t the stars of economic development, and we don’t get profiled on the statewide news. We are creative and certainly determined. That’s what it takes to survive.
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020