It’s a common enough question. “Is there much money in that?” Last night, the question was directed at web site design. A local man, permanently injured by an accident 2 years ago, is looking for a new line of work.
Lots of us in these declining areas are looking for a way to make a living without having a traditional job. Those jobs just aren’t here. We have to make our own, and we start all sorts of businesses to do it.
We aren’t the stars of economic development, and we don’t get profiled on the statewide news. We are creative and certainly determined. That’s what it takes to survive.
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022