It’s a common enough question. “Is there much money in that?” Last night, the question was directed at web site design. A local man, permanently injured by an accident 2 years ago, is looking for a new line of work.
Lots of us in these declining areas are looking for a way to make a living without having a traditional job. Those jobs just aren’t here. We have to make our own, and we start all sorts of businesses to do it.
We aren’t the stars of economic development, and we don’t get profiled on the statewide news. We are creative and certainly determined. That’s what it takes to survive.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022