The Center for Rural Entrepreneurship is a terrific resource, and growing better with time.
- They publish an email newsletter, the Rural E-News that I subscribe to. Highly recommended.
- They provide training on Home Town Competitiveness, E2 – Energizing Entrepreneurship, and CORE FOUR Business Planning.
- They maintain a Rural Eship Library, with links to websites and print resources, as well as online publications.
- Their Eship Across America will give you a profile of your state, complete with contact information and resources. Cool!
They seem to do good work, and I highly recommend them.
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021
- Are marijuana shops good or bad for small towns? - April 22, 2021
- Downtown is your town’s core: How to make your case - February 22, 2021
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020