EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals: by Ed Morrison
Agritourism represents an important entrepreneurial strategy for rural communities. The public’s appetite for agritourism is growing, and the strategy is one antidote to sprawl. Read more.
But the strategy should not be limited to visiting places. Developing rural products and rural brands can generate new wealth, as Appalachian Economic Networks is doing in southeast Ohio. Visit the ACE-Net site.
June Holley, founder of ACEnet will be among the faculty for our Open Source Economic Development workshop in Cleveland on March 27 and 28.
- Community engagement planning: old way vs. Idea Friendly way - October 3, 2021
- Boost your maker economy with a “Made in” day - September 17, 2021
- How a ghost town made something from nothing with a folk festival - September 3, 2021
- Rural business idea: sell foraged fruits and more - August 3, 2021
- Best practices for rural housing - July 19, 2021
- How to be more open to new ideas #IdeaFriendly - July 3, 2021
- Market your small town as a movie filming location, attract movie and game fan tourists - June 28, 2021
- Survey of Rural Challenges 2021 results, analysis of themes from 2015 through today - June 7, 2021
- What makes a small town a micropolitan or nanopolitan? - May 22, 2021
- Improving Rural Housing: turning blighted dilapidated houses into new homes - May 7, 2021