EDPro Weblog: Economic Development for Today’s Professionals: by Ed Morrison
Agritourism represents an important entrepreneurial strategy for rural communities. The public’s appetite for agritourism is growing, and the strategy is one antidote to sprawl. Read more.
But the strategy should not be limited to visiting places. Developing rural products and rural brands can generate new wealth, as Appalachian Economic Networks is doing in southeast Ohio. Visit the ACE-Net site.
June Holley, founder of ACEnet will be among the faculty for our Open Source Economic Development workshop in Cleveland on March 27 and 28.
- Zoom Towns: attracting and supporting remote workers in rural small towns - December 10, 2020
- In an economic crisis, spend your brainpower before your dollars - November 25, 2020
- Video: How to fill empty car dealership buildings for the holidays - November 6, 2020
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020