Ed Morrison is so on the ball. Here’s an item from his latest round-up of economic development news.
The undersecretary for rural development in the U.S. Department of Agriculture has a clear focus for rural development: renewable energy, broadband access and location. Read more.
To these three, most knowledgeable observers would add entrepreneurship: growing a rural economy from the inside out. So, for example, here is a note from Indiana on how rural strategies include more than recruitment. Read more. And here is an opinion column on how Nebraska should be growing its rural economy. Read more.
Source: EDProg Weblog.
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020