If you are in an oil and gas region, you probably remember this bumper sticker:
“Just one more oil boom, Lord. I promise I won’t piss this one away.”
Twenty years later, here it is. Regional producers see ‘boom’ conditions for oil, gas in the future.
“World demand has increased significantly, both for oil and natural gas, and Ward thinks there will be a continued increase in the foreseeable future.”
So what is your community doing to take advantage of it? Community Foundations are a good option. They allow your community to capture a small percentage of the wealth that is about to be transferred out of town when the “old” generation dies off, and leaves the land to their city-dwelling kids.
And what is your business doing? Are you looking for ways to target the increased activity? If this means a boom time for you also, then are you saving some of the proceeds against the inevitable lean times ahead?
Technorati tags: small business, oil, rural
- How has 2020 changed the challenges rural small towns face? Tell us here - October 20, 2020
- The Idea Friendly Method to surviving a business crisis - October 6, 2020
- Join me for the Rural Renewal Symposium online Oct 13 - September 26, 2020
- Cheap placemaking idea: instant murals - September 11, 2020
- Refilling the rural business pipeline - July 7, 2020
- Huge vacant buildings: grants to renovate? - June 9, 2020
- Economic self defense for small towns - June 7, 2020
- The best things you can do for local businesses in light of coronavirus - March 27, 2020
- How to get more parking downtown without adding any spaces - March 7, 2020
- Exact Yeti Blue mic volume and Windows settings to reduce background noise - February 17, 2020