If you are in an oil and gas region, you probably remember this bumper sticker:
“Just one more oil boom, Lord. I promise I won’t piss this one away.”
Twenty years later, here it is. Regional producers see ‘boom’ conditions for oil, gas in the future.
“World demand has increased significantly, both for oil and natural gas, and Ward thinks there will be a continued increase in the foreseeable future.”
So what is your community doing to take advantage of it? Community Foundations are a good option. They allow your community to capture a small percentage of the wealth that is about to be transferred out of town when the “old” generation dies off, and leaves the land to their city-dwelling kids.
And what is your business doing? Are you looking for ways to target the increased activity? If this means a boom time for you also, then are you saving some of the proceeds against the inevitable lean times ahead?
Technorati tags: small business, oil, rural
- Seasonal business: How to beat the annual “no bookings!” panic - August 8, 2022
- Recession? Practical steps from 3 international peers - August 3, 2022
- Reaching “at risk” kids for local jobs - July 15, 2022
- 3 Major factors in rural remote work: incentives, flexible workspaces, and a sense of community - June 6, 2022
- How to recruit new residents, remote workers, or remote entrepreneurs - June 2, 2022
- How cooperatives improve small town economies - May 8, 2022
- Metaverse business idea: virtual world tour guide - April 15, 2022
- Make extra money from extra workspace: co-working and 3rd workplaces in small towns - March 28, 2022
- Trade show booth design trend: hand drawn visuals - March 21, 2022
- New business sign design? Don’t use cursive script - February 14, 2022