If you are in an oil and gas region, you probably remember this bumper sticker:
“Just one more oil boom, Lord. I promise I won’t piss this one away.”
Twenty years later, here it is. Regional producers see ‘boom’ conditions for oil, gas in the future.
“World demand has increased significantly, both for oil and natural gas, and Ward thinks there will be a continued increase in the foreseeable future.”
So what is your community doing to take advantage of it? Community Foundations are a good option. They allow your community to capture a small percentage of the wealth that is about to be transferred out of town when the “old” generation dies off, and leaves the land to their city-dwelling kids.
And what is your business doing? Are you looking for ways to target the increased activity? If this means a boom time for you also, then are you saving some of the proceeds against the inevitable lean times ahead?
Technorati tags: small business, oil, rural
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022
- Holiday Marketing 2022: Support your service businesses - November 22, 2022