Ed Morrison, publisher of the EDPro Weblog, frequently covers Small Biz Survival issues, as well as a whole range of economic development issues.
In a post on Saturday, he boiled it down to this: “…a major timebomb: an aging workforce, a brain drain of bright college graduates and in-migration of too few workers….” He was referring to Wisconsin, but it applies to a whole region of the country united in the trend of decline.
Any solutions? Morrison promotes early childhood education, and with good reason. It is a major factor in later success in school and in work life. This is a happy note for me because Oklahoma has really taken the lead on early childhood education.
- Check your small business website for outdated pandemic changes, missing info - January 31, 2023
- Rural Tourism Trend: electric vehicle chargers can drive visitors - January 15, 2023
- 2023 trends for rural and small town businesses - December 26, 2022
- Local reviews on Google Maps drive enduring value - December 17, 2022
- Extra agritourism revenue from camping, cabins and RVs with HipCamp - December 12, 2022
- Harvest Hosts attract vanlifers and RV tourists, Boondockers Welcome - December 2, 2022
- Holiday 2022 marketing: Tell your founding story - December 1, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Tell your customers’ stories - November 30, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Introduce your people - November 29, 2022
- Holiday 2022 Marketing: Share your holiday traditions - November 28, 2022